Never get asked for username/password so I can't logon to Windows Developer Preview

All replies

• Hi

I can't log in to windows developer preview. They never asked me to have password, username and e-mail. I'm stuck at the green log in screen.

Thanks for answER :DDev Center - Metro style apps > Windows Metro style apps Forums Windows Developer Preview: General OS questions >

Friday, December 2, 2011 12:22 PM
  • Try the Windows live password
    Friday, December 2, 2011 12:50 PM
  • It's not working to, Now i need a windows 7 cd to boot ?
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 1:31 PM
  • Please explain the issue a little more in detail. Are you getting the tiled Start Screen, have you been able to update it, can you reach the Control Panel ? If so, try to create a local account by going to the User Account and then to Add or Remove user Accounts.
    Irfan

• Edited by Irfanfare Monday, December 5, 2011 4:55 PM To complete the reply
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 6:03 PM
  • Hi, I'm on the green screen there it is log in and password. Windows never asked me to make a Username and a password. And im stcuk at the screen. I can't reach the menu to the control panel so when i turn on compture the green screen with log in come's there only that.

Thanks for answer.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:10 PM
  • Please read the System Requirements given at :http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516.aspx, see if your PC complies with them. If it does, try to reinstall WDP, fill in the details when asked, during the installation process. Since you haven't installed any personal data or applications on your WDP yet, the reinstallation should only take minutes.
    Irfan
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:53 AM
  • Hi, What's WDP? and how can i download it? :D

Thanks for answer

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:05 PM
  • Sorry WDP- Windows developer preview. How can i download the file again? 
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Hi Kiillersh,

You can download WDP by going to the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516.aspx

Irfan
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:02 PM
  • Hi 

Sorry for not understanding. But how can i download it when i'm in the log in screen? :)

Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:06 PM
  • Hi Killersh,

you can download it while using another PC that works, and is connected.

Irfan
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:40 PM
  • Hi

But when i download it on other pc they get developer preview to? I download in this pc and then i connect? :)

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:55 PM
  • And when i try to use my Live id it's coming: (You must be online the first time to complete your account setup)
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:09 PM
  • But when i download it on other pc they get developer preview to? I download in this pc and then i connect? :)

I am copying some details from the link I gave you above. 'The Windows 8 Developer Preview is delivered as an .iso image that must be converted into installation media stored on a DVD or a USB flash drive. On Windows 7, the easiest way to convert this file is to use Windows Disc Image Burner. On Windows XP and Windows Vista, a third-party program is required to convert an .iso file into installable media—and DVD burning software often includes this capability.Note: The .iso file that contains the developer tools requires a large capacity DVD called a DVD-9, as well as a DVD burner that can handle dual-layer (DL) DVDs. Most modern burners should be able to handle this format.'

It shall be useful to have your machine connected to the net during the WDP installation, to sign in through your Live Id, and after it, to get all the necessary updates. Please take care to do some home work before the installation because being a Preview, it's likely to cause issues that may require further troubleshooting, even after the successful install.

Irfan
    Friday, December 16, 2011 3:00 AM
  • And when i try to use my Live id it's coming: (You must be online the first time to complete your account setup)

Please refer to my above post.
    Irfan
    Friday, December 16, 2011 3:02 AM