none
How to display the popup for Itenaries on the map for Ajax bing map control 7.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing the problem to display the Itenaries popup on the map for bing map 7.0 like in the version bing map 6.3 . Right now to i have used the route rest service to draw the route path is there any inbuild features to show Itenaries red points on map when we mouse over these point then popup is display with details of particular Itenaries.

These are the inbuild features provided in the bing map 6.3 but i am not able to find any solution for this. Can anyone provide me how to implement this feature in the bing map 7.0

• Moved by Ricky_Brundritt Friday, March 9, 2012 5:29 PM (From:Bing Maps: Map Control and Web services Development)
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:44 AM

Answers

• There is no "inbuilt" feature to style itinerary points or route segments - you have to style and add these to the map yourself based on the results returned by the route service.
    twitter: @alastaira blog: http://alastaira.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:49 AM
  • I am facing the problem to display the Itenaries popup on the map for bing map 7.0 like in the version bing map 6.3 . Right now to i have used the route rest service to draw the route path is there any inbuild features to show Itenaries red points on map when we mouse over these point then popup is display with details of particular Itenaries.

These are the inbuild features provided in the bing map 6.3 but i am not able to find any solution for this. Can anyone provide me how to implement this feature in the bing map 7.0

Try using infobox. They are similar to popup & are entities on map. More of it on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg675208.aspx.

var infoboxOptions = {width :200, height :100, showCloseButton: true, zIndex: 0, offset:new Microsoft.Maps.Point(10,0), showPointer: true};
    var defaultInfobox = new Microsoft.Maps.Infobox(map.getCenter(), infoboxOptions );   
    map.entities.push(defaultInfobox);
    defaultInfobox.setHtmlContent('<div id="infoboxText" style="background-color:White; border-style:solid;border-width:medium; border-color:DarkOrange; min-height:100px; position:absolute;top:0px; left:23px; width:240px;"><b id="infoboxTitle" style="position:absolute; top:10px; left:10px; width:220px;">myTitle</b><a id="infoboxDescription" style="position:absolute; top:30px; left:10px; width:220px;">Description</a></div>');

HemantGoyal
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:35 PM

All replies

• There is no "inbuilt" feature to style itinerary points or route segments - you have to style and add these to the map yourself based on the results returned by the route service.
    twitter: @alastaira blog: http://alastaira.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:49 AM

Try using infobox. They are similar to popup & are entities on map. More of it on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg675208.aspx.

var infoboxOptions = {width :200, height :100, showCloseButton: true, zIndex: 0, offset:new Microsoft.Maps.Point(10,0), showPointer: true};
    var defaultInfobox = new Microsoft.Maps.Infobox(map.getCenter(), infoboxOptions );   
    map.entities.push(defaultInfobox);
    defaultInfobox.setHtmlContent('<div id="infoboxText" style="background-color:White; border-style:solid;border-width:medium; border-color:DarkOrange; min-height:100px; position:absolute;top:0px; left:23px; width:240px;"><b id="infoboxTitle" style="position:absolute; top:10px; left:10px; width:220px;">myTitle</b><a id="infoboxDescription" style="position:absolute; top:30px; left:10px; width:220px;">Description</a></div>');

HemantGoyal
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:35 PM