none
VB 2010 Report Viewer RRS feed

• Question

• I have upgraded a VB 2008 Pro windows forms project to VB 2010 Pro

I am running on Windows XP SP3

I have updated the references to Report Viewer 10 in the project

VB2010 has updated the rdlc (when I opened it in the IDE)

I have the following code in Report Viewer.RenderingComplete event which is now causing 'Stack overflow' exceptions with every Report

Private

Sub ReportViewer1_RenderingComplete(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.RenderingCompleteEventArgs) Handles ReportViewer1.RenderingComplete

Dim mypath As String = ""

Try

Me.ReportViewer1.SetDisplayMode(Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.DisplayMode.PrintLayout)

Me.ReportViewer1.ZoomMode = Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ZoomMode.Percent *** I get the error here

mypath = ReportViewer1.LocalReport.ReportPath

If mypath = reportpath & "DailyCashFlow.rdlc" Then

Me.ReportViewer1.ZoomPercent = 80

Else

Me.ReportViewer1.ZoomPercent = 90

End If

Catch ex As Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportViewerException

mymsgbox(ex.Message)

Catch ex As Exception

mymsgbox(ex.Message)

End Try

End Sub

Any Ideas

Regards

Steve

• Moved by Guang-Ming Bian - MSFTModerator Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:29 AM Move it to Report Controls forum for better support. (From:Visual Basic General)
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi.  I'm not too familiar with reportViewer, but it sounds like the upgraded code in 2010 has made a change that is incongruent with the correct functionality of the report viewer control.  So my question to you is:  how does the code differ in this method between the 2008 and upgraded 2010 projects?  For that matter, are there are other differences in the 2 code bases regarding the RV?

If yes then I would try pasting over the old code and remove the new one - hopefully this will avoid a compiler error.  If there is no difference then the most likely culprit would be the new library - and I woudl consider this break in functionality a serious flaw in terms of bacwards compatibility.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 11:01 PM