none
Learning RRS feed

• Question

• I need to ramp up with the Expression tools (Web, Design etc) as well as Silverlight.  I have version 4 of everything and I can't seem to find any good tutorials on version 4.  Anyone have any good links?  I can't seem to play video at work so unless I can download it I may not be able to play it.

Thanks,

Mark

*** Please allow me to mark threads as answered and I will, Thank you ***
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:27 PM

All replies

• Read the BEFORE POSTING thread.  There is a section for learning resources in that post.  Better to learn the technologies before learning the tool.
    --
    Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP
    On Facebook | On Twitter | Resource Center | Veign's Blog | Web Development Help

Get a Complete Website Analysis by Veign
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:38 PM
  • There is nothing special about v4 when it comes to the basics of Web design. You learn a technology first not a program. The tutorials using v1-v3 are equally applicable to v4. The only difference between my v1-2 tutorial on Basic Websites would be the location of a few of the site tools which are now on the Site > New Site menu instead of File > New Site.

It took approximately 50 hours to create that tutorial to end up with 1.6 hours of video for which you are charged $0. Think about it, when little has changed other than the location of a couple of menu items why should some redo all that work for free? now if you would like to pay for the time that went into it I'll be happy to redo it using v4.

MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com & Expression Web forums
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:42 PM