Visual Studio 2012 - Solution - Multiple Projects - Add Reference (and code) Automatically RRS feed

• Question

• User-1689631115 posted

Hello,

We have a solution in 2012 where we have mutiple projects and will keep adding more in future.

The new projects will always need a reference from an existing project in the same solution.

I could not find a way or an answer on how to add reference to a project while adding new projects in the solution automatically. ( And some default code if possible.. )

Or is it even possible?

Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:36 PM

Answers

• User533502567 posted

I could not find a way or an answer on how to add reference to a project while adding new projects in the solution automatically. ( And some default code if possible.. )

Or is it even possible?

Did you consider using Project Template in Visual studio? 

A project template will allow a user to create a new project based on exported project.

Add all refereces to a project and then export it (File > Export Template) as a Project Template.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:12 PM

All replies

• User533502567 posted

Or is it even possible?

Did you consider using Project Template in Visual studio? 

A project template will allow a user to create a new project based on exported project.

Add all refereces to a project and then export it (File > Export Template) as a Project Template.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:12 PM
  • User-1689631115 posted

Thank for your response.

I exported a project template from a functional project but that template is not available while adding new projects. 

Not sure what kind of template will work in this situation.

Project template was at the bottom of the list.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:22 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi fxjamy,

I exported a project template from a functional project but that template is not available while adding new projects. 

Not sure what kind of template will work in this situation.

According to your description above, you could refer to turorial above to create your templates for your asp.net project. For this issue, it's recommended to check the steps on your side, and it gives detailed procedure to do that.

If you have any concern, or get any error message, please let me know.

Regards

Angie

Monday, May 19, 2014 1:23 AM