none
mysql C# RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi

i like to connect c# application to mysql database..

should i always  install a driver for this issue on each client desktop?

is there any method to connect?

i need to install only the application, i won't to install drivers

please help

thanks

regards

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 5:01 AM

Answers

•  

you'll ned to instal the MyODBC driver on the client machine (the one that runs the application that connects to the server)
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:53 PM
  • A possible change to your achitecture would be the use of a tier in between (name it an application server)

[client] <---- WCF/remoting ---- > [application server] <--- transport ---> [mysql database]

This way only the application server would need to have the MySQL driver.. And the clients don't need privileges to connect with the database...  In this situation it is not required that each client has the MySQL driver...
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:39 PM

All replies

•  

you'll ned to instal the MyODBC driver on the client machine (the one that runs the application that connects to the server)
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:53 PM
  • A possible change to your achitecture would be the use of a tier in between (name it an application server)

[client] <---- WCF/remoting ---- > [application server] <--- transport ---> [mysql database]

This way only the application server would need to have the MySQL driver.. And the clients don't need privileges to connect with the database...  In this situation it is not required that each client has the MySQL driver...
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:39 PM
  • You can use MySQL connection instead of ODBC. Connector is specifically designed for MySQL and will be optimized. It's a small assembly which you can deploy with your application.
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:48 PM