Mouse over FORM RRS feed

• Question

• I have two questions that I have been unable to find reources for and would be greatly appreciative if someone can point me in the right direction!

First question is I have a form that is longer then the viewing area,  and has a  right side scroll bar, however, is there are way to get the mouse scroll ball to scroll the page up and down verses having to click the right side scroll bar?

Second question - is there a way to design a right click mouse popup menu (for add, edit, delete functions)?  If so is there an how to that someone was good enough to create I can review?

Thank you in advance for your assistance with these questions!

Brian Sirko

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• The only solutions I know are WinApi hacks. Pretty much programming for only a small effort.

Instead of letting forms to get into scrolling consider using the anchor properties to fit the controls into the form.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 11:21 PM
  • Hi, BrianSir

that it isn't necessarily good design to create forms that are longer than the viewing area. If you have a form that is longer than the viewing area, it's a good idea to use the tab control to separate the form into sections and relieve the user from having to scroll at all.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:18 PM
  • Hi, BrianSir

>> is there a way to design a right click mouse popup menu

please visit the following link

Create a Shortcut Menu

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Deepak,

This works great, THANK YOU, it is very helpful!

Brian

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 4:20 PM