none
WCF Service to be run on Last Day of the Month RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

How do I Schedule WCF Service to be run on last day of the month. Windows Service and Task Scheduler must not be used, because there is no permission to be given for using mentioned services.

Thanks

Monday, August 6, 2018 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hello,

How do I Schedule WCF Service to be run on last day of the month. Windows Service and Task Scheduler must not be used, because there is no permission to be given for using mentioned services.

Thanks

What is the purpose of this? I feel that you may have some kind of misinterpretation of the purpose of a WCF service.  
    Monday, August 6, 2018 9:56 AM
  • We have to update the database depending on the condition on the last day of the month using WCF service. This WCF Service will be independent of the main Website attached to the same database and will be hosted on Public Shared Server, and will be an alternative for SQL Server Agent. Moreover, as the server is shared public server, therefore Windows Service and Task Scheduler also cannot be installed on that server.

Thanks

Monday, August 6, 2018 10:37 AM
  • Hi Anoop M,
    As far as I know, we could use the WCF hosting environment to determine whether or not to enable the wcf service.  Such as windows service, or windows task Scheduler. It seems that there is no good way to solve this problem. As you mentioned, the server is shared public server and you have no permission to use the double technologies above, so I think it is better to restart your service manually.
    If you have any ideas, please feel free to let me know.
    Best Regards
    Abraham

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

If WCF and IIS is your only solution then implement a timer object in your WCF service and check the time every day if it is end of Month then call your DB update method to do whatever you want to do. The only risk of hosting WCF on IIS is that you have to make sure IIS is running.

Lan

ZL @ Hypertec

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:49 PM