XML size limit for XslCompiledTransform. RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing one problem with xslt.Building a xml string from Database with 60000 records around. im trying to generate the HTML Table using XSLT by binding the xml string.

Result is nothing. not able to see the HTML Table with records. Then i tried generating XML with 55000 records. XSLT generated the table and the data looks fine.

Can anyone help me on this?

Is there any limitation in the length and size of XML? (OR) Any server configuration issues because of memory ? (OR)

Any problems in my code...?

Thnx

Kousik

• Moved by Mike Dos Zhang Friday, August 6, 2010 11:18 AM it is a xml issue (From:Visual C# General)
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 12:44 PM

All replies

• With .NET you should get an OutOfMemoryException if your code processing the XML runs out of memory. That is certainly possible with huge XML or huge other data like huge strings.

However you simply say "Result is nothing. not able to see the HTML table", that does not tell us exactly how you run the transformation, whether you write the XSLT transformation result to a file or (with ASP.NET) to the browser. How does your code performing the transformation look exactly?

MVP Data Platform Development My blog
    Friday, August 6, 2010 2:26 PM