none
SharePoint 2016 - Deployment of custom code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have deployed some custom code that was originally used in SP 2007 to an SP 2016 farm and am testing them out. The compatibility level all flag was used in the powershell command and the code was deployed to the 16 hive.

When I load the _layouts directory on the web page, it is defaulting to 15 hive for the settings page i.e.

<a href="http:///_layouts/15/settings.aspx">http://<servername>/_layouts/15/settings.aspx.  However, when I look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\, I cannot find a 15 hive. Can someone tell me why this is? 

Code was verified as being deployed to C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\16\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS

thanks,

Sherazad.

Sherazad

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Sherazad,

Please go to (C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\), we can see 14/15/16/wpresources folders.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:26 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the response. I have even changed my folder options to display hidden files and hidden system files. However, this is still the view I see: (no hive 15)

Sherazad

• Edited by Sherazad Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:35 PM upload image
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:52 PM
  • Hi Sherazad,

Another way, we can open IIS Manager and go to your SharePoint site->_layouts>15 and right click> click "Explore", then we can see it map the folder is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\16\template\layouts", so, the "15" just a virtual directory name.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 14, 2017 1:58 AM