none
TC1.2.1 : Clarification about Verification points in Test Steps tab RRS feed

• Question

• I was executing TC1.2.1 by following the steps mentioned. My application installed without errors and the AppVerifier logs also did not report any error.

However I am not sure about some of the verification steps mentioned in the Test Steps tab. How do these verification points checked ? Doesn't no AppVerifier errors sufficient for considering this case as 'Pass' or the following verification points are needed to be tested separately. If yes, how?

The points are

Fail this test if any of the below are being used:

a.     Applications must not read Operating System Version from the registry. For example, the following registry key must not be queried for the Operating System version:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

b.    Assure that older unsupported APIs are not being called to check the Operating System version.

5.    Check Pass if the application can be installed on future version of Windows and runs correctly.

6.    Fail this test if:

a.     Any un-graceful behavior during an unsuccessful install based on version checking.

b.    Version checking is accomplished by reading from the registry or other unsupported method.

c.     If unsuccessful install does not write a message to NT event log.

Many Thanks.

Imran

Thursday, June 16, 2011 2:13 PM