Blend 3 Preview - Adorner and TextBox control - Some keys are not processed ... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have developed an Adorner control provider in order to edit custom control properties while working in Blend 3 Preview. Since my Adorner control contains focusable TextBox, I have set the AdornerPanel.IsContentFocusable property to true. This works great.

However, when i want to enter characters like v, a or h, the keydown event is not processed by my textbox control, but by Blend !! In Blend, these keys (and other) are in fact shortcuts used to quickly activate tools.

I have run Snoop in order to see who handled the KeyDown event for these "special" keys, and it reports that this event is not handled by the TextBox (e.handled=false), but by the ApplicationWindow object !

For "normal" key, (other than shortcuts once), it works great : snoop reports that the textbox control effectively handle the KeyDown event (TextInput is received)

Do you know how to solve this problem ?

Thank you,

Fred

Friday, May 29, 2009 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Fred,

Please do get in touch with me offline ASAP - we can work out a solution for you.

As you probably know, we already have precedence of an adorner showing a TextBox elsewhere in the UI (the TextBox you get to edit the Content of a Button, or the TextBox you get to edit an Annotation). So I would expect this should work for you.

unnir at microsoft dot com

Thanks,
    Unni
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 6:39 AM