none
Where can I confirm "correct" combinations of languages and markets? RRS feed

• Question

• When I submit a Windows Store app, I have to choose markets where I wanna release my app.
    But if I select "wrong" markets for which I don't localize contents, my app will be rejected.

Where can I find the list of the adequate combinations between languages and markets?
    For example, if I release my app using English, which markets will be supposed?

• Edited by Yamamoto-S Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:43 AM
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 1:21 AM

Answers

• Select all markets, where you would like publish to (take care of the mrkets where you need a game certificate - if it's a kids game you are publishing).

Set the default language to english (in your manifest, first tab).

So, for example, I have english apps in the german store without a problem.....

And take care that your images are language independant or you will not get certified.

• Marked as answer by Yamamoto-S Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:59 AM
  • The combination of Language x Market doesn't impact the certification results of your app. From 5 Tips to Get Your Apps Certified Quickly:

apps will be rejected "if they declare support for a given language but do not include resources for that language, or if a language used in the app description elements does not match the language that was declared."

The choice of market doesn't impact the localization requirements, it's the choice of supported languages that does.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:13 PM

All replies

• I have been never rejected if I had English as the fallback/default language.

Take care that you will be rejected if you submit a game and you do not have a game rating cdrtificate for the following markets:

Brazil, Russia, and South Korea, Taiwan (I simply do not publish to these stores)

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:48 PM
  • Thank you for your reply, Berndt.

I'm sorry for my shortage descrition, and please let me confirm your intention.

I wanna choose two languages, English and Japanese. (My default market is Japan.)

In this case, I would be able to select Japan as a market with Japanese descriptions and captions.

Regarding English, which markets can I check to avoid rejects of Localizaton?

Can I check all markets, or should I check only English markets like England?

• Edited by Yamamoto-S Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:18 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:11 AM
  • Select all markets, where you would like publish to (take care of the mrkets where you need a game certificate - if it's a kids game you are publishing).

Set the default language to english (in your manifest, first tab).

So, for example, I have english apps in the german store without a problem.....

And take care that your images are language independant or you will not get certified.

• Marked as answer by Yamamoto-S Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:12 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:59 AM
  • Thank you for your fast reply, Berndt.

I will set the default language to English and submit my app with checks to all markets.

• Edited by Yamamoto-S Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yamamoto-S Friday, April 19, 2013 2:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Yamamoto-S Friday, April 19, 2013 2:20 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:12 AM
  • The combination of Language x Market doesn't impact the certification results of your app. From 5 Tips to Get Your Apps Certified Quickly:

apps will be rejected "if they declare support for a given language but do not include resources for that language, or if a language used in the app description elements does not match the language that was declared."

The choice of market doesn't impact the localization requirements, it's the choice of supported languages that does.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:13 PM
  • Thank you for your reply Gus.

I perfectly understood that selected Markets doesn't effect certification.

Only supported languages which are declared in APP are important on store-check.

Friday, April 19, 2013 2:20 AM