none
Running SSIS package with script component on SQL Server 2016 gives error Component Mismatch Exception RRS feed

• Question

• I have SSIS project deployed on SQL Sever 2016, the project has a package that uses script component, the package runs with no errors locally on VS 2017 but when deployed gives error.

Solutions that I tried

1)Changed the target version to SQL Server 2016 in SSIS project

2)Change the .NET runtime on script component to 4.6

,still no luck .Any help would be appreciated

error report-

Data Flow Task 1:Error: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ComponentVersionMismatchException: The version of Script Component is not compatible with this version of the DataFlow.  [[The version or pipeline version or both for the specified component is higher than the current version.  This package was probably created on a new version of DTS or the component than is installed on the current PC.]]
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostCheckAndPerformUpgrade(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 lPipelineVersion)

Data Flow Task 1:Error: The component metadata for "Script Component" could not be upgraded to the newer version of the component. The PerformUpgrade method failed.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:42 AM

Answers

• Hi TANZEEL1994,

May I know if the version of your SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is the newest?

Please try to update to the newest version.

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by TANZEEL1994 Sunday, June 16, 2019 11:34 AM
    Monday, June 3, 2019 1:27 AM

All replies

• Hi TANZEEL1994,

1.Change the Target Server version to SQL Server 2016.

2.Deploy the whole Project again.

3.Execute the package using script component in SSMS.

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:14 AM
  • I did try the above solution , but stil same error.
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Hi TANZEEL1994,

May I know if the version of your SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is the newest?

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by TANZEEL1994 Sunday, June 16, 2019 11:34 AM
    Monday, June 3, 2019 1:27 AM
  • Hi TANZEEL1994,

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support

SSMS v17 is installed on the server.
    Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:08 PM
  • Hi TANZEEL1994,

It seems that the server version of SSMS v17 is SQL Server 2017.

Best Regards,

Mona Lv

MSDN Community Support

Friday, June 7, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hey thanks I updated SSMS version and it worked.
    Sunday, June 16, 2019 11:34 AM