none
How Can I read timesheet saved values from jsgrid in project server 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a jsgrid code that validate timesheet entry values  I wanna read timesheet saved values from database how can I read those data ?help its importent?
    Sunday, October 10, 2010 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hi alipashaei,

You can use the ReadtTimesheet method of the Timesheet web service, or you may be able to read from the reporting database.  You should not make direct database calls to other databases.  See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvctimesheet.timesheet.readtimesheet.aspx for the web service.  You can read the schema for the reporting database in the SDK too.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, October 11, 2010 8:03 PM
    Owner
  • hi brain,

I wanna wrtie a workflow an approval workflow in project server 2010 I must read user entry data and add it to past data that saved and check validation (not greater than 30) and then pass it to project manager and then boss to approved .I read user entry data  with jsgrid and I must read timesheet availble data I know I can do that with timesheet web services.

But I dont know How can I do that in jsgrid?I use timesheet web sevice in an event handler in the past but I dont know how can do it in the java script .

I have a few problems:

1.How can I read timesheet saved data in java script ?

2.How can I start workflow and pass value to it from js grid?

4.is this way a right way for reach to my end?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I write a event handler for timesheet updatnig event if I Know way of passing data to event handler from jsgrid My problems solved.

Please help me this is very importent for me .

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:28 AM