Warping image so it 'appears' to be on a mug RRS feed

• Question

• User294545519 posted

Hi,

I'm trying to create a system where a user can upload an image, and it can show them a preview of this image as if it was printed onto a mug.

So far I've managed to set a blank image of a mug as a bitmap, then using .DrawImage, place another bitmap (ie. the one the user uploads) on top of the mug image. However as the mug is round I need to find a way of warping the mug so that it appears as if its actually printed onto the mug.

Is this possible and what methods can I take to do this?

Thanks for your help,

Curt

Monday, June 8, 2009 9:44 AM

Answers

• User294545519 posted

The mug is fixed.

Using CSS? You can't warp images etc with CSS can you?

Using it all as one image would be much better I think. It rules out any cross-browser compatilbility issues, and I need to use this image in about 6 different sizes throughout the site.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:13 AM

All replies

• User894274596 posted

Is the mug image going to be fixed image? or user can upload different type of mug?
    Have you considered to using css instead of coding as it is more light and easy to change.

Monday, June 8, 2009 9:50 AM
  • User294545519 posted

The mug is fixed.

Using CSS? You can't warp images etc with CSS can you?

Using it all as one image would be much better I think. It rules out any cross-browser compatilbility issues, and I need to use this image in about 6 different sizes throughout the site.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:13 AM