The Specified List Does Not Exist RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody,

I am having a little problem with activating a feature I installed on SharePoint 2010. It is simply a demo feature that adds a text document to a list in a sharepoint site called Shared Documents.

Feature
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <Feature xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/

Id="BF8F1890-4B28-4B65-894E-B4BE3525523F"

Scope="Web"

Title="Jonathans Demo Feature">
    <
    ElementManifests>
    <
    ElementManifest Location="elements.xml"/>
    </
    ElementManifests>
    </
    Feature>

elements.xml
    <Elements xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/">
    <
    Module Name="Deploy" Url="Shared Documents">
    <
    File Url="Sample.txt" Type="GhostableInLibrary"></File>
    </
    Module>
    </
    Elements>

It installed succesfully, but when I try to activate it inside of the site settings in manage site features I get the following message:

Failed to instantiate file "Sample.txt" from module "Deploy": The specified list does not exist.

However, the specified list called Shared Documents Does Exist in the site. I created it. If anyone know why this happening please let me know. Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:13 AM 1. This is not an accessibility question. 2. (2) SP 2010 questions go only to SP 2010 forums (From:SharePoint - Accessibility (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 9:17 PM

Answers

• Hmmm... Could you double-check that you are using the correct value for "Url" in the <Module> section. This value is not necessarily the display name of the list, but the URL value, which you can see in the address bar when viewing the library in the browser. If the library has been renamed, or if another library already existed with the same name, your Shared Documents library may have a different URL, such as "Shared Documents1" for example.
    Wade Hunter MCP/MCTS - WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007, SharePoint 2010
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:48 PM

All replies

• Hmmm... Could you double-check that you are using the correct value for "Url" in the <Module> section. This value is not necessarily the display name of the list, but the URL value, which you can see in the address bar when viewing the library in the browser. If the library has been renamed, or if another library already existed with the same name, your Shared Documents library may have a different URL, such as "Shared Documents1" for example.
    Wade Hunter MCP/MCTS - WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007, SharePoint 2010
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:48 PM
  • ensure that module tag contains

<Module Name="" Path="" Url="$Resources:osrvcore,List_Pages_UrlName;" >

becouse if path is missing may be this error fire

Monday, November 28, 2011 10:02 AM