none
Issue with Office online - Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I downloaded the solution and configured it with my azure cloud details. 

Solution URL:  https://github.com/OfficeDev/PnP-WOPI

1. I hosted the solution in one app service in azure.
    2. I registered that app service in Azure AD directory.
    3. I created one Blob storage.
    4. I created one Azure Cosmos DB as documentDB.
    5. I updated all the entries required in web.config file with mine cloud entries.
    6. I am not using any SSL certificate and hence removed its dependency from code also and using Http instead of https.

Now when i am trying to run my application, it is saving my document in Azure blob storage and cosmos db (documentDB) both successfully.
    But when I am trying to view the uploaded document, it is giving me error such as, "file couldn't be found either renamed or removed" for .xlsx file.

I found their was a note in the description :
    "You cannot simply clone and run this sample locally. Integrating with Office Online requires that your host domain is white-listed by Microsoft. The first step to white-listing a domain is to join the Cloud Storage Provider Program detail HERE. " Is this causing the issue?

Thanks in advance !! Please guide me to resolve the issue.

Monday, November 13, 2017 8:08 AM

Answers

• Hi SeemantMishra,

The sample you are trying to use was specifically designed to work with Office Online (cloud) and therefore the host you run this sample on will need to be whitelisted and registered with the Cloud Storage Partner Program (as was stated in the excerpt you included from github). 

You can see how the sample works using the sample's own hosting but in order to host it yourself you will have to enroll in the Cloud Storage Partner Program.

For questions about the sample, you should be posting to the github page where the sample repository lives. 

Best regards,

Tom Jebo

Microsoft Open Specifications Support

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 4:20 PM

All replies

• Hi SeemantMishra,

I can see that your issue is related with Office 365.

on this forum, we only handles the App for Office related issues.

so for better support and better solution for your issue, I move this thread to correct and best suitable Office Protocols forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:39 AM
  • Hi SeemantMishra,

The sample you are trying to use was specifically designed to work with Office Online (cloud) and therefore the host you run this sample on will need to be whitelisted and registered with the Cloud Storage Partner Program (as was stated in the excerpt you included from github). 

You can see how the sample works using the sample's own hosting but in order to host it yourself you will have to enroll in the Cloud Storage Partner Program.

For questions about the sample, you should be posting to the github page where the sample repository lives. 

Best regards,

Tom Jebo

Microsoft Open Specifications Support

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 4:20 PM