none
ODBC driver excel 32 bit, Windows 7 and Office 2013 are 64 bit. RRS feed

• Question

• Just trying to find the Microsoft driver to install the ODBC driver excel 32 bit on a Windows 7 and Office 2013 professional 64 bit.
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 11:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Living Large in LV,

>>"Just trying to find the Microsoft driver to install the ODBC driver excel 32 bit on a Windows 7 and Office 2013 professional 64 bit."、

Why do you want to do that? Office ODBC drivers are distributed with Office setup file. Did you installed 32 bit office on your 64 bit system. To locate the 32-bit Office System drivers, use the appropriate version of the ODBC Administrator tool.  If you build and then run an application as a 32-bit application on a 64-bit operating system, you must create the ODBC data source by using the ODBC Administrator tool in %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.  For example, the default location on a Windows 7 64-bit machine is “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe”.

For more information, link below is for your reference.

Unable to create DSN for Microsoft Office System Driver on 64-bit versions of Windows

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 19, 2016 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Living Large in LV,

>>"Just trying to find the Microsoft driver to install the ODBC driver excel 32 bit on a Windows 7 and Office 2013 professional 64 bit."、

Why do you want to do that? Office ODBC drivers are distributed with Office setup file. Did you installed 32 bit office on your 64 bit system. To locate the 32-bit Office System drivers, use the appropriate version of the ODBC Administrator tool.  If you build and then run an application as a 32-bit application on a 64-bit operating system, you must create the ODBC data source by using the ODBC Administrator tool in %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.  For example, the default location on a Windows 7 64-bit machine is “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe”.

For more information, link below is for your reference.

Unable to create DSN for Microsoft Office System Driver on 64-bit versions of Windows

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 19, 2016 9:45 AM
  • Did you try downloading and installing the 32-bit version of the Access Database Engine runtime?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39358

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, August 19, 2016 1:13 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Is it the latest version? I need them for Windows 10 64 bit but I need 32 bit version of the drivers. I have Office 2016 64 bit too (I think it's 64 bit, I was unable to find About in the menu in either Excel or Outlook).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:56 AM
  • I need a link to Download 32 bit Excel latest Excel drivers. Right now I seem to only have version 10 of the drivers which I don't think is the latest. Where should I get one for Office 365 64 bit version?

Thanks in advance.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:21 PM
  • I need a link to Download 32 bit Excel latest Excel drivers. Right now I seem to only have version 10 of the drivers which I don't think is the latest. Where should I get one for Office 365 64 bit version?

Thanks in advance.

My blog

My TechNet articles

I don't know whether there is a more recent version of the driver. You should be fine with the version that you have (if it's the one in the SysWOW64 folder).

The latest Microsoft Access Database engine is 2013, so it may have a more recent version but I doubt there would any difference as there would be few if any changes. The link I posted enables you to download either the 32-bit or 64-bit version.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:14 PM
  • When I ran ODBC32 bit application this is what I see

When I go to System DSN tab I see only

and when I click on Add button I only see

So it doesn't look like I have the right driver installed for 32 bit version. I need to use the driver for xlsx file from 32 bit application (Visual FoxPro). If there is no better link for download, I think I need to try that, but someone told me that 32 bit link didn't work for 64 bit Windows 10.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:24 PM
  • >>So it doesn't look like I have the right driver installed for 32 bit version. I need to use the driver for xlsx file from 32 bit application (Visual FoxPro). If there is no better link for download, I think I need to try that, but someone told me that 32 bit link didn't work for 64 bit Windows 10.<<

Yes, it looks like you need the 32-bit install. If you are unable to install the 2013 version then you may want to try the 2007 version, which is 32-bit only.

Technically, Microsoft does not support the side-by-side installation of 32-bit and 64-bit Office components, but there are workarounds, such as using the /passive argument when running the install from a command line.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:35 PM
  • Yes, installing in passive mode took care of the problem, thanks. I am just wondering why there is no update to the driver?

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:25 PM
  • Yes, installing in passive mode took care of the problem, thanks. I am just wondering why there is no update to the driver?

My blog

My TechNet articles

I really don't think there is any development going on with the ISAM and ODBC drivers at this point. The only changes would be with respect to compatibility with the current version of Excel.

Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:58 AM