Store App Tile Icon missing

Question

• Hi, 

I've got a store app that uses a wide tile image for badge notifications. Occasionally, and not with any repeatable pattern that I can find, the image on my app's tile vanishes.  The tile at that point is just a solid color.  The badge count may or may not be there, but nothing else.  Has anyone else run into this, and if so what steps can we take to fix it?

Thanks

JWhite

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you specify the Store Logo in apppackage?

Go here so you can read more about app images.

And there is not enough information to detect why your problem occur. You can share a reproduce sample so that we can test it.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:18 AM
  • Hi, Anna,

We are specifying a Store logo, but the image that goes missing is our Tile image.  We specify a wide tile image in the various resolutions in the app manifest, but it occasionally does not render.  The background color of the tile is showing, along with any badge notifications.

Thanks

Joe

Thursday, July 3, 2014 2:09 PM
  • Hi,

There is not enough information to detect why the problem occur. Would you mind sharing a reproduce sample to OneDrive so that we can test it.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:14 AM