Missing “ADO.NET DbContext Generator” template Full EF4.1 is installed RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm in VS Professional (trial version) “ADO.NET DbContext Generator” is not visible after right clicking on the edmx. When I open the project in VB Express it is visible and works just fine. Why can I not see it in the professional trial version?
    Friday, October 7, 2011 10:34 PM

Answers

• Hi lilypad49;

You will need to add them. You can follow these steps.

From the Main Menu click on Tools -> Extension Manager. When Extension Manager open on the left side click on Online Gallery. On the upper right hand side in the Search Online Gallery enter DbContext. When the search results come back you should have four or five items come back two for C# and two for VB .Net. Click on the ones you want to install and then click on the install button. That should add them to your environment.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    • Marked as answer by lilypad49 Saturday, October 8, 2011 7:36 AM
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 2:48 AM

All replies

• Hi lilypad49;

You will need to add them. You can follow these steps.

From the Main Menu click on Tools -> Extension Manager. When Extension Manager open on the left side click on Online Gallery. On the upper right hand side in the Search Online Gallery enter DbContext. When the search results come back you should have four or five items come back two for C# and two for VB .Net. Click on the ones you want to install and then click on the install button. That should add them to your environment.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    • Marked as answer by lilypad49 Saturday, October 8, 2011 7:36 AM
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 2:48 AM
  • If you can't find DBContext Code Generator in your Visual Studio Refer this link to install DBContext code generator:
    http://www.jeeshenlee.com/2011/12/cant-find-adonet-dbcontext-code.html
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:30 AM