none
skype with video? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

i have been trying to get skype working on windows embedded 8.1 ind enterprise.when i switch to camera the system hangs and i have to re-boot.

i have tried the app store ver and client ver 6.21.0.104 both hang at the same stage of testing.

interestingly i downloaded an obseleate ver of skype 6.3.0.107 and bingo it worked great for three hours then it repeatedly asked me to change my password as it was being used on another pc.

all my system drivers are up to date and i have tried several camera`s

any news from anyone would be greatfull.

best regards topper.

toppergraph

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:38 PM

Answers

• Silly me its taken three days to sort just run skype version 6.21.0.104(do not use the store app) right click on the skype icon and use windows 7 compatibility mode(remeber that) works on most not so old and ancient web cams good  luck all.

best regards topper.

toppergraph

• Marked as answer by toppergraph Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:28 PM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:28 PM

All replies

• I have heard of some issues with Skype from the store. I am sticking with the older version until they get the bugs worked out.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:50 PM
  • Silly me its taken three days to sort just run skype version 6.21.0.104(do not use the store app) right click on the skype icon and use windows 7 compatibility mode(remeber that) works on most not so old and ancient web cams good  luck all.

best regards topper.

toppergraph

• Marked as answer by toppergraph Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:28 PM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:28 PM