none
Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 Issues

Question

• Hi Folks,

I've been having issues with regards to doing a fresh reinstall of Visual Studio 2015. I've checked most of the forums on stack overflow and MSDN and it's getting me nowhere. However, when I login as a different user it works a treat. But as an IT Technician I can't afford to log in and log off all the time because it will disrupt my work flow. So as a temporary fix I'm remoting into my laptop via mstsc and it seems to be working okay. 

The error arose when I tried installing Update 2 to VS on my PC. I tried to uninstall but I can't seem to do a complete uninstall. This is a major flaw as it's just a busted leg right now. For now I'm happy to remote in but I want a long term solution where I don't have to remote in elsewhere!

Thanks

Ben

Friday, April 29, 2016 11:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Ben,

Could you please tell us what detailed problem occurs when you using Visual Studio 2015 with Update 2?

Following link provides some Update 2 known issues and workarounds for these issues. Please check whether your problem is listed in this link.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/5d9d229c-b97e-47b2-9a60-947477f90211?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

>> The error arose when I tried installing Update 2 to VS on my PC. I tried to uninstall but I can't seem to do a complete uninstall.

Do you install Update 2 standalone or install it with Visual Studio 2015 installer?

If installed with Visual Studio 2015 installer, I'm afraid that you need to uninstall entire Visual Studio and then reinstall.

If install it standalone, please try uninstall it from Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> View Installed Updates.

I still recommend you tell us what's the specific problem and let's confirm whether this problem is Update 2 itself or caused by other machine environment.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 02, 2016 5:04 AM