Can't share inline image from Windows Mail app to other Share Target apps. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed sample Share Target app which has capable of receiving Weblink, HTML and Text data from the Source app. The app is properly receiving the contents from Weblink, HTML and Text data and displaying the content in "WebView" control. But when we share Inline images from the default Windows Mail app (I have prepared sample email message which contains text and an image and sent to Windows Mail app), the selected Image is not displaying in the sample Share Target app. If we select text along with the image, only the text is displaying. If we select Mail app from the Share charm, both text and image are properly displaying. Could you please tell why the image is not displaying in the UI?

Note:Here, while receiving the content, I am getting HTML stream and displaying the stream in "WebView" control.

Thanks in advance.

Hari

• Edited by GHBHAT Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:00 PM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:31 AM

All replies

• Do you have a simplified repro that you can share? That way we can understand and troubleshoot your issue better.

Btw, are you experiencing this issue on Windows 8 or 8.1?

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:22 PM
  • Hi

I am using Visual Studio 2013 with Windows 8.1  operating system.

I have uploaded the sample project to the Sky drive and please find the sample code and sample output from the below location.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=ABA3A61BE5950139!956&authkey=!AEm82ZFi24UtXP8&ithint=file%2c.rar

Thanks in advance.

Hari

Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:41 AM