Connecting MongoDB in Azure Data Factory RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to connect a Mongo DB in Azure Data Factory, I just created a connection string as given here: https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/reference/connection-string/, but it is not working when I create connection in data factory.

It gives error as below,

The operation failed with server error. ConnectionId: { ServerId : { ClusterId : 1, EndPoint : "Unspecified/name.company.com:1800" }, LocalValue : 3, ServerValue : "14980145" }.

Note: When I try to connect the MongoDB using the same connection string in C# using MongDB.Driver. So is this a issue on azure or am I missing something?

Friday, May 3, 2019 5:06 AM

Answers

• I got the issue, ADF is supporting the MongDB upto version 3.4 only
    • Marked as answer by Joe Samraj Monday, May 6, 2019 4:54 AM
    Monday, May 6, 2019 4:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

Please refer to the answer on your Stack Overflow thread (Link). Also please refer to this doc for a guide to connect mongoDB to Azure Data Factory.

MSDN

Friday, May 3, 2019 9:44 AM
  • I'm not able to connect to the MongoDB even though it is publicly available. So I created a self hosted integration run time and now able to connect to mongo db. But now when I use copy data is shows the following error

{ "errorCode": "2200", "message": "'Type=System.ArgumentNullException,Message=Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: typeName,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common,'", "failureType": "UserError", "target": "LoadEventLog" }

if I use the wizard to  copy data as given here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/quickstart-create-data-factory-copy-data-tool#start-the-copy-data-tool it gives me the below error when selecting the source.

'Type=,Message=The GuidRepresentation for the reader is CSharpLegacy, which requires the binary sub type to be UuidLegacy, not UuidStandard.,Source=,'. Activity ID:69520d24-10c0-4b14-a9b7-af0da95bb21c

Friday, May 3, 2019 11:07 AM
  • I got the issue, ADF is supporting the MongDB upto version 3.4 only
    • Marked as answer by Joe Samraj Monday, May 6, 2019 4:54 AM
    Monday, May 6, 2019 4:54 AM
  • Glad to know that your issue was resolved. Thanks for sharing your findings. It will be helpful for the community at large.

MSDN

Monday, May 6, 2019 6:34 AM