none
Setting up 2 ips on sbs2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a small network at my office computers, and I have got new .net based application, which is going to be used by my other office also connecting to my server office.
    I have a sbs2003 machine, connected via router to the network. my lan users can access the program without any problems. however, when I put my ISP provided Static IP 11.xxx.xxx.xx
    on addon nick on the same server, one of the card creates a conflict and shows network cable unplugged.

here is what I put in the 2 nics

nic1:-
    IP  :- 192.168.0.X
    sub:-255.255.255.0
    D/G:-192.168.0.xxx

nic2 :-
    IP  :- 10.XXX.XXX.XX
    sub:-255.255.255.0
    D/G:-10.XXX.XXX.X

if I disable one connection the other will work, however I want to set it up in a way that both my lan workgroup users and people connecting from outside my office using the static ip can access the application.

any help or redirection to any appropriate link will really help me a lot.

Dax
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:38 PM

All replies

• ok seems like I had bad onboard nic so I removed it and replaced it with another ext. nic,

now my my static ip nic works can browse the internet through the router connected directly to it. and the second external nic works over the lan for application access. however the application is not accessible over the internet from an external resource.

hope this simplifies a bit.

thanks,

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 3:25 PM