none
SQL Server Enterprise Edition Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can someone please help me? I recently upgraded from SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Evaluation Version (x64) to SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Version (x64). While the components: Database Engine, Analysis Services, Workstation Components have been upgraded. I can still see that Reporting Services is still in the Evaluation Version. Integration Services is no where to be found.

Regardless, I wanted to add Integration Services but on the System Configuration Check, I am getting the following error: Edition Change Check: To change an existing instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to a different edition of SQL Server 2005, you must run SQL Server 2005 Setup from the command prompt and include the SKUUPgrade=1 parameter. So regardless of this message, I clicked Next, selected Integration Services and then it tells me that it has already been installed.

Anyway, I exit out of set-up. Try to create a new Integration Services project and I get the following error.

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.PackageNeutralClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.SQLServer.DTS.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSContainer90'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '8BDFE892-E9D8-4D23-9739-DA807BCDC2AC}' failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801d (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).

Please help!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:07 AM

Answers

• Since it still detects your IS components at the EVAL edition level, let's first upgrade that component.  The easiest way to do this through the GUI is to open a cmd window, navigate to your setup.exe media, and type in "setup.exe SKUupgrade=1".  This will pass that flag into setup and allow you to add IS in the component selection dialog.  Similarly, you should also be able to install RS here as well.

Can you give that a shot and let us know if it works for you?

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 3:07 AM

All replies

• Since it still detects your IS components at the EVAL edition level, let's first upgrade that component.  The easiest way to do this through the GUI is to open a cmd window, navigate to your setup.exe media, and type in "setup.exe SKUupgrade=1".  This will pass that flag into setup and allow you to add IS in the component selection dialog.  Similarly, you should also be able to install RS here as well.

Can you give that a shot and let us know if it works for you?

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

I had the same message.

I  run SQL Server 2005 Setup from the command prompt and include the SKUUPGRADE=1 parameter.

But I had this message :

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Setup
    ------------------------------
    None of the selected features can be installed or upgraded. Setup cannot proceed since no effective change is being made to the machine. To continue, click Back and then select features to install. To exit SQL Server Setup, click Cancel.
    For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=20476&ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.1399.06&EvtSrc=setup.rll&EvtID=SQLSetup90&EvtType=28108
    BUTTONS:
    OK

Monday, February 19, 2007 9:08 AM
  • sorry, It works.

I uninstalled Integration Service and run setup.exe SKUUPGRADE=1  (with capital letter)

Thank you.
    Best regards,

Monday, February 19, 2007 9:17 AM
  • I'd like to understand why and what is the rationale under forcing into manual launching setup from cmd and typing in this SKUUPGRADE=1 flag?

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 5:44 PM