Copy first infopath form data to another form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement to create two form using Infopath form 2007. The requirement as follows,
    Two Forms
    1) Project Information
    2) Project Approval

when the first form i.e "Project Information" is filled by user and submitted then when the second form i.e"Project Approval" is opened then few of the fields data has to be filled from the first form.
    Can someone please tell me how do i achieve this task. Few questions.

1) Both the forms has to be in same Form library or different library?
    2) How should i publish both the forms (Means published as Document Library, Content Type or Administrative Approval) when it contains Manage Code (C#)?
    3) If both the form are published in different libraries then how should i call the data form first form to second form.

Please suggest me any good solution.
    Thanks in Advance

Mohammed
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:46 AM InfoPath questions go to InfoPath forums (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 4:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Mohammed,

You can create 2 views in an InfoPath form instead of creating 2 forms. Add rules in a button to copy the data in InfoPath form view to the fields in Approval view, and set read-only for the controls in Approval view. Here are some major steps.

1.       Design the Project Information form.

2.       View > Manage View > Add a New View > Type a name (Project Approval).

3.       Add Controls in the Project Approval view, right click the controls > Properties > Display tab > Select Read-only > OK.

4.       Go back to Project Information form, double click the button you use to submit the form > Select Rules and Custom Code > Click Rules > Add > Add Actions > Set a field’s value > field in Approval view with the value in Information view. After copy all data from Information view to Approval view, you need the last action to switch views to Approval view > OK.

5.       Open Approval view to add approval action follow this demo.

This form is designed without any code, please have a try.

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:41 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:09 AM