none
"No IP Address" and server greyed out when selecting VM for Replication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have ASR configured with a VMWare configuration server and have one server that is listed as "No IP Address" when selecting VMs for replication in the Azure Portal. All other VMs appear normally. The VM does have a valid IP Address and network connectivity.  I have verified that VMWare Tools are installed and we also updated them and have rebooted the VM. There is only one network adapter assigned to the VM in VMWare and the IP address does appear in the VM Summary within VCenter. Any ideas?
    Monday, June 17, 2019 9:03 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply.  I did not see any differences or issues with the networking of the VM in question. 

I was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling the network adapter inside the VM, shutdown the VM, removed the existing NIC and added another NIC in VMWare settings.  When the VM booted back up, we reassigned the IP settings and after a few minutes, we were able to select the VM and add it to replication.  I am not sure what was causing the issue, but nothing stood out.

Friday, June 21, 2019 7:18 AM

All replies

• Kindly check if the vm has met the requirements mentioned in this article. And also check if there is any difference between other VM's and the VM with no IP Address.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:39 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I did not see any differences or issues with the networking of the VM in question. 

I was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling the network adapter inside the VM, shutdown the VM, removed the existing NIC and added another NIC in VMWare settings.  When the VM booted back up, we reassigned the IP settings and after a few minutes, we were able to select the VM and add it to replication.  I am not sure what was causing the issue, but nothing stood out.

Friday, June 21, 2019 7:18 AM
  • Good to hear that you issue has been resolved. Please reach out to us if you need further assistance from our end.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 8:13 AM