strange behavior after using “Configure Dataset with Wizard” RRS feed

• Question

• I’ve been having strange behavior with a Windows Forms project after using the “Configure Dataset with Wizard” in the Data Sources tab in VS2005.

It’s hard to describe the problem because the resulting behavior of the environment is inconsistent. Sometimes recompiling fixes it. Sometimes I have to restart the IDE. Once after running it the dataset was updated and could be found in the Solution Explorer but the revised datasource was completely missing. There are a lot of other weird things that would take a lot of typing to describe, but I’ll save that for later if necessary.

I’m thinking my project or solution may be corrupt, and that starting a new solution and project from scratch might make the problems go away, but I hate to have to take the time to recreate everything.

Thanks, Bren

Friday, September 1, 2006 5:49 PM

All replies

• Did you have a visual studio 2005 beta on the system?  What language are you using?
    Friday, September 1, 2006 11:48 PM
  • Ken, thanks for your reply.

This is no beta involved. Visual Studio 2005 was installed on a fresh install of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1.

I'm developing the Windows Form application in VB.NET

Bren

Saturday, September 2, 2006 4:41 PM
  • VB 2005 has some issues.  I am not exactly sure what is happening on your machine but there is a VB 2005 IDE performance hotfix available.  Check out Chris Mayo's post about it in the vb forums for exactly what it fixes.  Maybe it will do the trick.
    Saturday, September 2, 2006 5:29 PM
  • Thanks again for your reply Ken.

I'll get the hotfix and look forward to the service pack this month.

In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead and recreate the solution.

If that doesn't work, I'll be back.

Tuesday, September 5, 2006 3:14 PM