none
attaching visual studio debugger to azure after RDP

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to know whether Connect has been setup properly, please make sure you've imported the Connect modual. You can refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/gg508836.aspx for a tutorial.

In addition, please use the machine name provided on the Windows Azure portal when trying to connect to the cloud machine.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework

Sunday, April 1, 2012 5:44 PM
  •  I think Connect is setup and connected properly. (see image)

And I am able to RDP to the remote VM. When I try "Debug > Attaching to a process" on the host machine, I see the connection came in on Azure VM remote debugger..(see img)

Is this related to firewall??

Thanks,

• Edited by TMLP Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:06 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2012 8:38 PM
  • I got past the error message that was posted originally by setting up a local user (admin privileges) on my machine, and use the same user (same username/password) as RDP user in Azure.

Then I started VS2010 on my local machine with runas /user:<LOCAL ADMIN USER> \Program Files(x86) ...

On the Azure VM I started MSVSMON (64bit version) as Admin.

This way I could connect from my dev machine to the MSVSMON in the Azure VM:

eventviewer showed a successfull connection and MSVSMON showed that I was connected.

but in my VS2010 on my local dev machine I got an error message indicating that MSVSMON could not connect back to my machine using DCOM.

to exclude firewall problems on the Azure VM , I switched off the firewall on the VM.

so this way it seems that the problem has to be on my side ( my firewall).

as I am in corpnet I obviously cannot switch off my local firewall, but here comes the bad thing I even cannot specify a log file to which my firewall would log dropped connections, because my group policy does not allow me to log this ( I am only allowed to log successfull connections :-S )

I still opened inbound connections to my Visual Studio on my local firewall, but this did not help.

I guessed I have configure IPSec somehow, but itf this is the problem I would need some hints.

Has someone done this or has experience with firewalls, DCOM etc and can help me on this?

Thanks,

Ramin

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 9:33 AM