none
Opinions urgently needed - Centralized SSIS/Job Scheduler and Log Viewer

Question

• Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to centralize our SSIS package jobs.  It needs to be able to centralling schedule SSIS package execution from one place targeting many SQL databases.  We have many SQL servers and right now many Integration servers.

We need a server/product that provide one stop shopping for logs from the execution of the packages and notifications that a job failed.  We also don't want to spend a lot on the solution.

Can anyone offer a software package that might help us?  What is everyone else using?

Chris K

Friday, February 9, 2018 9:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to centralize our SSIS package jobs.  It needs to be a centralized scheduling/SSIS package execution from one place targeting many SQL databases.  We have many SQL servers and right now many Integration servers.

We need a server/product that provide one stop shopping for logs from the execution of the packages and notifications that a job failed.  We also don't want to spend a lot on the solution.

Can anyone offer a software package that might help us?  What is everyone else using?

Chris K

Chris K

• Merged by Olaf HelperMVP Saturday, February 10, 2018 5:16 AM Same question of same OP
    Friday, February 9, 2018 9:27 PM
  • Hi Chris,

On what version and edition of SQL Server are you?

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Friday, February 9, 2018 9:46 PM
  • May I ask what is stopping you from moving all packages to a single SSIS catalog (assuming you're on SSIS 2012 or above)?

You can still organize them into separate projects and then schedule them from SQL Agent jobs. Also for any custom logging, control logic etc you can maintain an exclusive database inside the instance like process run stats, rows affected, audit trail, error information etc.

Provided all your current servers are in same domain, the central server hosting packages would be able to connect to them and do data transfer from and to them. you can also define separate operator credentials, proxy accounts etc as per your current systems stake holders so that only relevant people have access to execute corresponding packages and notifications also only go to the concerned group of people.

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Proposed as answer by philfactor Saturday, February 10, 2018 2:32 PM
    Saturday, February 10, 2018 6:11 AM
  • SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008.

Chris K

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 11:23 PM
  • Hi Chrisky46,

Would you please have a look at this blog:

Centralized SSIS solution to monitor failed SQL Server Agent Jobs across the enterprise

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:09 AM