none
SQL Connection Properties RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, its been a few years, back into it now. 

so i am developing an app, that allows the user to connect to a SQL database, create or delete the database.  I thought i saw years ago where there was an api call that i could use to pull up the standard SQL Connection Properties dialog box.  from this i would store those values within the application.  I could just write the code to duplicate the dialog box, however, why reinvent the wheel, and use a standard.  Was i dreaming this this, or is it possible?  

Friday, November 15, 2019 2:03 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Microsoft released the classes a while back. I have a MSDN code sample which uses these classes. Usaged called from a form is here.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Friday, November 15, 2019 2:43 PM
  • That is by what you mean the database. Be aware that Oracle, DB2 are as well SQL databases likewise SQL Server. However, the latter is as well in many tastes and can be configured in many ways. 

Or do you mean from Azure?

Success
    Cor

Friday, November 15, 2019 4:23 PM