Can not find E-Book Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition: Build a Program Now! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I registered for MS Visual C# express.

I received a confirmation mail stating that I could download an E-book from the registration benefits page.

I can access this page, and download some benefits like icons or images.

But I do not find the E-book.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

CodeKid.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 10:46 PM

Answers

• Hello!

I think the moderator has misunderstood you. As a registered "customer" you really get some free stuff like free e-book, discounts, and such things.

I have just installed VS Web Developer 2005 and found the same problem you described. I was told in an e-mail message from confirm@profile.microsoft.com that I can download the free stuff from a web page but there I didn't find the stuff.

You should look for text like this in the e-mail: "As a registered customer, simply go to the Registration Benefit Portal to download these and other benefits for free."

You have to click on the "Registration Benefit Portal" link and you are just redirected to the Microsoft Connect login site. There you should log in (or register to it with your Windows Live ID) and click on "Visual Studio Registration Benefits Portal start page" link in the menu on the left side. There you should find the e-book and the other stuffs you received.

If you cannot see the e-book there then logout from MS Connect Portal (the logout button is on the upper-right side of the screen) wait for some minutes and try to log in again by clicking the link in the e-mail. It takes some time for the system to give you the download links.

If you couldn't find the e-book then there is a real error in the system :-)))

I hope I helped you!

Regards,

Adam

Thursday, November 8, 2007 4:06 PM

All replies