none
Search results preview Popup hover RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I've a query regarding the Sharepoint default search result preview.

When I'm hovering the filtered result getting preview at right side, and on that preview I don't want hover effect.

Can anyone help me to remove that hover effect from preview.

Thanks in advance!

Tanu

• Moved by Chenchen Li Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:52 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum(Developing Apps for Office 2013) is used for discussing development issues related to Office Add-ins.

Since your issue is related to SharePoint Development, I would move this thread into the following forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=sharepointdevelopment

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:51 AM
  • Hi,

I assume you are talking about the hover cards which SP provides by itself. SharePoint uses 2 different display templates for showing the results. One of them is for the search results and the other for the hover display. Removing the reference of hover display template should suffice your requirement.

If you really want to remove the hover effect, here is the steps:

1. Go to the home page of your site collection
    2. Go to Site Settings -> Click Master pages and page layouts -> Click Display Templates
    3. Click Search -> Download a copy of the Item_Site.html display template
    4. Edit the template and rename it within the <title> tag
    5. Remove the following two lines (shown in the below code section)
    6. Upload it back to Search folder within Display Templates and don’t forget to publish
    7. Edit the Search Results web part -> Click Display Templates -> Click Use a single template to display items and select your Display Template
    ctx.currentItem_ShowHoverPanelCallback = Srch.U.getShowHoverPanelCallback(itemId, hoverId, hoverUrl);

ctx.currentItem_HideHoverPanelCallback = Srch.U.getHideHoverPanelCallback();

Hope this helps you!

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    Please click the 'Mark as Answer' if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Thursday, February 2, 2017 4:11 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the solution quickly.

Have a nice day!

Please click the "Mark as Answer" button if this post solves your problem or "Vote As helpful if it was helpful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Friday, June 16, 2017 4:23 PM