none
Interchange Batch and File Naming RRS feed

• Question

• Using EDI Interchange Batch orchestration, is there an easy way to set a custom file name for a send port using the EdiSend pipeline and File type?  The problem is that after the batching, all properties of the original message are lost, making it impossible to use the %SourceFileName% macro.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:15 PM

Answers

• Whew, I am not the only one who had problems with the inability to create a custom file name (which is why I wrote the above mentioned blog entry).
    Both suggestions that Alan wrote about require attaching the filename to the payload somewhere to get the filename.
    Friday, February 6, 2009 5:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

One easy solution could be to have an orchestration subscribe to the message, then set the BTS.SourceFile property before sending the message. It would mean an extra message box hit, but I'm guessing the batches won't be sent with a high load.

A more complex solution could be to build a custom pipeline component that would set the property, then place it in a custom pipeline.

I'd probably go for option 1.

Regards,

Alan

BloggersGuides.net
    Friday, February 6, 2009 10:27 AM
  • Hi,

Of you could try this:

http://blog.biztalk-info.com/archive/2009/02/05/BizTalk_EDI_Batching_Custom_Naming.aspx

(just spotted it)

Alan

BloggersGuides.net
    Friday, February 6, 2009 11:38 AM
  • Whew, I am not the only one who had problems with the inability to create a custom file name (which is why I wrote the above mentioned blog entry).
    Both suggestions that Alan wrote about require attaching the filename to the payload somewhere to get the filename.
    Friday, February 6, 2009 5:36 PM
  • Thanks for the replies.  Something making this a bit more difficult is the file name has to change depending on the context the file was created in and the contents of the file.  I believe that using ST03 to hold a key to the original config data is the best bet.
    Monday, February 9, 2009 6:31 PM