none
CSNW registry settings RRS feed

• Question

• I've been wrestling with CSNW (Client Services for Netware) for a few days on 2K and XP, trying to tune it to "play nice" with some of the old Client 32 installations, and I've found that this is like pulling teeth!  This does NOT like to be messed with!

In trying to find where tuning can be done to the Netware redirector, I've pulled-apart nwrdr.sys and found what appears to be a comprehensive list of registry entries that can be used to more finely tune the client.  I've been able to find documentation for some of these, but some are completely undocumented.  If anyone can help fill-in the gaps, it would be very appreciated!

Settings key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NWRDR\Parameters

DWORD Entry Description My Value

IrpStackSize number of stack locations in I/O request packets?

MaxSendDelay

MaxReceiveDelay

MinSendDelay

MinReceiveDelay

BurstSuccessCount

BurstSuccessCount2

MaxReadTimeout

MaxWriteTimeout

ReadTimeoutMultiplier

WriteTimeoutMultiplier

AllowGrowth

DontShrink

SendExtraNcp

DefaultMaxPacketSize Limit the packet size (very useful for FDDI)

PacketThreshold

LargePacketAdjustment

LipPacketAdjustment

LipAccuracy

DisableReadCache Disable "Read Behind" - very useful 0x00000001

DisableWriteCache Disable "Write Behind" - very useful 0x00000001

FavourLongNames NDS Directory Map Alias - always use LFN namespace if available 0x00000001

LongNameFlags Force use of 8.3 namespace (useful if using legacy DOS app such as Paradox 3 or 4) 0x00000000

DirectoryCacheSize

LockTimeout

TimeOutEventinMins

EnableMultipleConnects

AllowSeedServerRedirection Let default server make client aware of servers on other segments

ReadExecOnlyFiles Hide files with "execute only" property flag set

DisableAltFileName Prevent windows from reading the "short" filename paths

NdsObjectCacheSize Number of NDS objects to cache 0x00000010

NdsObjectCacheTimeout How often should windows refresh the NDS cache, in seconds 0x00000258

PreferNDSBrowsing Prevent windows from attempting behind-the scenes bindery connections, in a pure NDS environment 0x00000001

Thursday, May 4, 2006 9:25 PM