Provide feedback from all in sketchflow player RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if there is a way that you can enable user collaboration for sketchflow applications by allowing everyones feedback to be seen by everyone inside the sketchflow player? I would ultimately like this to occur without someone manually importing the feedback files into sketchflow and then uploading that new sketchflow application with everyone's feedback. Is this possible?

If not, any ideas on how to import .feedback files into the sketchflow player? We could write some simple code that should be able to accomplish this dynamically.
    mattserbinski.com
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:45 PM

Answers

• This is a great idea.

We can't do this now, but one possible future scenario is to use Live Mesh services to allow people using the SketchFlow Player and Blend + SketchFlow to subscribe to project feedback.

It's quite an engineering undertaking as you could imagine.

You certainly could write custom code for each screen to read the .feedback files yourselfs from a web service and display the notes yourselves.

-Bob
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:40 PM

All replies

• This is a great idea.

We can't do this now, but one possible future scenario is to use Live Mesh services to allow people using the SketchFlow Player and Blend + SketchFlow to subscribe to project feedback.

It's quite an engineering undertaking as you could imagine.

You certainly could write custom code for each screen to read the .feedback files yourselfs from a web service and display the notes yourselves.

-Bob
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:40 PM
  • Thanks for the response Bob, I didn't think of Live Mesh but that seems like a possible golden ticket! I have been doing further research and came to the conclusion that it is not possible ... yet. This task can be quite undertaking as you point out and for now my team will utilize providing feedback to the original author and going from there.

Another tool I came across that appears to accomplish this user collaboration is colaab:
    http://colaab.com/Index.aspx

The only downside is a monthly fee ...
    mattserbinski.com
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:46 PM
  • I agree with the poster this is a great idea. I actualy thought that was how it worked and that was one of the reasons we attempted to use it. Its kind of annoying that there is not an email feedback button or something like that. however, that said we do love it. We got more done in one day by just posting rapidly generated prototypes then we did in a week before. We used email and screen shots to do our colaborating because some of our users could not seem to grasp the idea of export save name it a usable name then email it to my IT group.
    Friday, August 6, 2010 7:35 PM
  • BTW, in Blend 4 this scenario is enabled when you publish your prototype to a SharePoint server. All of the feedback is synced to the server, and in the player (as well as Blend) you can see everyone's feedback in the shared feedback tab.
    Friday, August 6, 2010 8:22 PM
  • I had read about this new addition with Blend 4 and it sounds great! I have not had a chance to try it out yet, but am looking forward to this!
    mattserbinski.com
    Monday, August 9, 2010 11:44 AM