Flip Tile update rate RRS feed

Answers

• Can you provide more information? Where is the high score kept and set from?

If it is all local then the app can update the tile as often as it likes when it is running. See Quickstart: Sending a tile update .

If you have a global high score list kept on a server then the server can push a notification out whenever it changes. See Push notifications . That is the only way to get frequent updates when the app isn't running. If the high score list is kept in Windows Azure Mobile Services then look at Get started with push notifications.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by meesun Friday, December 27, 2013 3:26 AM
    Friday, December 27, 2013 12:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Meesun,

The tile flip rate is not controllable.

--Rob

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:00 PM
  • May i know the default value??

I see many apps updating their tiles very frequently. Mine doesnt do so. 

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:02 PM
  • The details are not documented and are subject to change.

What do you mean by very frequently and what behavior are you actually getting?

When you say tile flip what exactly do you mean? Are you talking about the peek animation in a single tile (for example the text and image switching in TileSquarePeekImageAndText01/TileSquare150x150PeekImageAndText01 ) or are you setting up a notification queue of multiple tiles as documented at How to use the notification queue with local notifications ?

--Rob

Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:11 PM
  • i am asking about text switching. To be exact i want to display the highscore(something like High Score:<highscorevalue>) in the tile.
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:16 PM
  • Can you provide more information? Where is the high score kept and set from?

If it is all local then the app can update the tile as often as it likes when it is running. See Quickstart: Sending a tile update .

If you have a global high score list kept on a server then the server can push a notification out whenever it changes. See Push notifications . That is the only way to get frequent updates when the app isn't running. If the high score list is kept in Windows Azure Mobile Services then look at Get started with push notifications.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by meesun Friday, December 27, 2013 3:26 AM
    Friday, December 27, 2013 12:12 AM
  • Thank u rob!

Can we do the same for windows phone 8??

Friday, December 27, 2013 3:27 AM
  • The concept is similar on Windows Phone 8, but the details are different. See Tiles and notifications for Windows Phone . If you have more questions on WP8 please post in the Windows Phone Development forums.

--Rob

Friday, December 27, 2013 5:24 AM