How to switch "KSPROPERTY_CAMERACONTROL_EXTENDED_FACEAUTH_MODE" property into other values? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've tried to follow the "Windows Hello camera driver bring up guide" to switch the Face Authentication mode into KSCAMERA_EXTENDEDPROP_FACEAUTH_MODE_ALTERNATIVE_FRAME_ILLUMINATION .
    But I failed to invoke any KSPROPERTYSETID_ExtendedCameraControl via IKsControl::KsProperty. I always got the error code: 0x80070057 (Invalid argument).

There is an article in this forum:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/2cd63e06-0f88-4bb6-bc5b-c31520990e26/how-to-issue-kspropertysetidextendedcameracontrol-?forum=mediafoundationdevelopment

It looks like a similar problem I encountered, but it was a 2015 discussion. Does Microsoft allow applications to issue KSPROPERTYSETID_ExtendedCameraControl now? Any updates to this issue?
    Or, KSPROPERTY_CAMERACONTROL_EXTENDED_FACEAUTH_MODE must be set by Windows Biometric Framework or WinRT MediaCapture?

I couldn't find the sample code or API in these two frameworks to switch the face authentication mode...
    Could anyone help me? Any hints are very welcome!

Thank you,
    Joe
    Monday, July 3, 2017 9:30 AM