none
How to add MIRACAST feature to Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• The device I use is apparently missing Miracast or some component related to it.

The Settings -> "Projection Settings" is missing. The OS I am using is:  Win 10 IoT Ent LTSC 2019 (build 1809), According to this article:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/connect-your-device/miracast It might be because the Windows 10 is missing a feature: 

IOT_MIRACAST_RX_APP

The article mentions how to do it but it is a very limited example and doesn't tell all the steps needed.
    Basically I need to add 
    Microsoft-Connect-Package.caband Microsoft-Connect-Package_Lang_XXXX.cab

-Has anyone successfully been able to add this to Windows 10 and been able to use the Miracast feature to use PC a wireless projector?

Thanks

Johan D 

Monday, October 28, 2019 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Johan,

The document mentioned in your post is for Windows IoT Core. Windows IoT Core is different with Win 10 IoT Ent LTSC 2019. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers enterprise manageability and security to IoT solutions. 

For Windows IoT Core, if you want to add the MIRACAST feature, you need to build a custom ffu with adding the IOT_MIRACAST_RX_APP feature in the OEMInput.xml.

It is a new feature in Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC , please refer to this article  to see how to enable Miracast over Infrastructure.

Hope that helpful for you.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:48 AM