Navigation Pane always visible RRS feed

• Question

• originally written ~2003 or earlier... received as a 2010.accdr - I believe as a quick & dirty method to prevent users from going into design view - - and so I changed the extension to be now 2010.accdb

seem to be able to work in new design requirements without any issues, and yet despite unchecking the Navigation Pane visible option in the Current Database profile.....the navigation pane is always visible....

have checked modules and event code in the opening form and find nothing referring to the Navigation Pane..

at the moment a real head scratcher...

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:01 PM

Answers

• still don't know why it is always remaining visible

but the work around is to add this code at the Open event of the first form:

DoCmd.NavigateTo "acNavigationCategoryObjectType"

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

.......I guess sometimes you have to just work around something without understanding quite why.......

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:26 PM

All replies

• still don't know why it is always remaining visible

but the work around is to add this code at the Open event of the first form:

DoCmd.NavigateTo "acNavigationCategoryObjectType"

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

.......I guess sometimes you have to just work around something without understanding quite why.......

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 9:26 PM
  • Hi msdnPublicIdentity,

I am glad you have found a workaround.

I made a test at my side, but it worked correctly. After you unchecked Navigation Pane visible option, have you closed your Database and Open it again? With unchecking Navigation Pane visible option, you need to restart your Database to check the result.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 5:04 AM