none
GlobalObjectID length? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm hoping this is the right forum.

I'm finding conflicting information on the GlobalObjectId field. One page indicates it has a maximum length of 100, but that it is customizable. Another says that the maximum length is 300.

I need to persist this value to a database, so I need to know how big the field should be. In my initial testing, it was never more than about 100 characters, but a customer is getting lengths > 200.

I'm using Exchange 2007 & Outlook 2003 SP2, but I'd like to know what the max lengths are for the various versions of Exchange and Outlook, so we can decide which we will support.

Thanks,
    Jon
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 1:18 PM

Answers

• Jon - We're going to mark this as answered for now, but please feel free to resubmit another question if needed.

Thanks - Chris
    • Marked as answer by Chris Mullaney Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:49 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:49 PM

All replies

• Jmontana,

Thanks for your questions.  This forum is for supporting Microsoft Open Specification documentation.  In order to provide better help to you, could you clarify which document in Exchange Server Protocols (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc307725.aspx) do you refer to ?  

Thanks! 
    Hongwei Sun -MSFT
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 7:42 PM
  • Jon - We're going to mark this as answered for now, but please feel free to resubmit another question if needed.

Thanks - Chris
    • Marked as answer by Chris Mullaney Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:49 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:49 PM