locked
Help provider moved? RRS feed

Answers

  • Hi

    I havent stopped that instance of VS and it still has that error, but other instances that I started this morning are fine.

    I'm using :

    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
    Version 8.0.50727.42  (RTM.050727-4200)
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 2.0.50727

    Installed Edition: Professional

    It looks like a HTTP 403 error, here's the complete message:

    The request failed with the error message:
    --
    <html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
    <h2>Object moved to <a href='http://service2.msdn.microsoft.com/search/service.asmx'>here</a>.</h2>
    </body></html>

    --

    Monday, November 14, 2005 7:12 PM

All replies

  • Maurice:
    No one here has ever seen this error before. Can you please provide the version number of VS that you are running, and also the specific steps to reproduce the error. Thanks!

    Michael Blome
    Visual C# Documentation Manager
    Monday, November 14, 2005 6:54 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi

    I havent stopped that instance of VS and it still has that error, but other instances that I started this morning are fine.

    I'm using :

    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
    Version 8.0.50727.42  (RTM.050727-4200)
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 2.0.50727

    Installed Edition: Professional

    It looks like a HTTP 403 error, here's the complete message:

    The request failed with the error message:
    --
    <html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
    <h2>Object moved to <a href='http://service2.msdn.microsoft.com/search/service.asmx'>here</a>.</h2>
    </body></html>

    --

    Monday, November 14, 2005 7:12 PM
  • Weird, so you're in a working state now?  Let us know if you're still having problems!

    Thanks,
    Jeremy
    Tuesday, November 22, 2005 12:53 AM
    Moderator
  • hi i have same problem like maurice
    when i tryed to search with document explorer i got an errror for msdn online codezone and questions groups

    --
    <html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
    <h2>Object moved to <a href='http://service2.msdn.microsoft.com/search/service.asmx'>here</a>.</h2>
    </body></html>

    --

    i have vs 2005 version 8.0.50727.42 web and vb express, doc explorer is set to try online first
    help, thanks in advance
    Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:21 PM
  • ups, now everything is working, when i restarted vs 2005 (doc explorer), so it looks like my problem is gone, i hope 
    Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:31 PM
  •  Maurice C. wrote:
    Hi

    When I perform a search all providers except local fail with the following error :

    Object moved to http://services2.msdn.microsoft.com/search/service.asmx

    How can I fix this?


    Hi
    I am also getting this error. I have the same version of visual studio as the other people with the same problem. Unfortunately restarting visual studio and my machine does not help. I worked fine up until Friday, I am perplexed?
    Monday, December 12, 2005 10:52 AM
  •  marko jovanovic wrote:

    --
    <html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>
    <h2>Object moved to <a href='http://service2.msdn.microsoft.com/search/service.asmx'>here</a>.</h2>
    </body></html>

    --

    I also have this error and also run VS 2005 version 8.0.50727.42,

    any reason why this may be occuring?

     

    Regards,

    Michael Proctor

    Sunday, December 18, 2005 12:23 AM
  • with this many people reporting this, sound like a MS web service issue to me.

    Need to google some more I think, must be some reply from MS regarding this down time. Not good MS, product only been out for short period of time not a good advert.

    Regards,

    Michael Proctor

    Sunday, December 18, 2005 12:25 AM
  • Hi.

    I (accidentally) found out that going to Tools, Options, Help, Online and clicking "read the privacy statement" suddenly brought the things back to working order.

    This might help for you as well. Good luck!

    Niels.

    Monday, February 20, 2006 10:49 PM
  • Same problem here. I had devenv.exe blocked for internet access, but it still gave that error, so the error must be generated internal to the document reader (probably yet another wininet kludge).

    If you see this, you can probably assume that you have no internet connectivity, as opposed to a real "wrong site". It just can't get into the right site!

    After unblocking devenv, and  restarting same, all is well.

    Tuesday, April 25, 2006 6:27 PM