none
.NET FRAMEWORK MALFUNCTION RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Lightswitch application that has been working on my local machine. I have deployed it in a server, but once i load the app from browser, i get the error 'Load operation failed for query 'GetAuthenticationInfo'. The remote server returned an error: Not Found.'

My solution to this problem has been repairing the .net framework. This works fine, but after some hours the problem comes back again. I can't figure out what makes the .net framework behave that way. The server is running on window server 2008 standard edition, and the antivirus installed is kaspersky 6.0. 

May someone please help figure out on how to find the courses of this error, and how to solve it.

Thanks in advance

private

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:24 AM

Answers

• Hi Kilonzo,

In fact, we have a tool named .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool that can verify if the .NET Framework installed in this machine is ok.

.ET Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

If the verification tool finds any issues, there is a .NET Framework Repair Tool that can be found from the blog above.

Also, there isn’t just one issue that causes this error.  There are seemingly endless issues that cause this error.  The reason is explained above.  ‘GetAuthenticationInfo’ is the very first service request that LightSwitch is trying to make when your app loads.  Thus, if there is any configuration issue with your IIS machine, web app, virtual directory, etc. this error is going to be displayed.  Unfortunately, using the diagnostics tracing outlined above isn’t going to help in this situation.  More than likely, the service call isn’t even getting into LightSwitch code.  As such, our diagnostics isn’t able to log information, since it isn’t getting that far.

So in order to diagnose the problem here, we will use another tool, Fiddler.  Fiddler is a tool that every web developer and IT administrator should have at their disposal.  It logs all web traffic between your computer and the IIS web server.  It will do the tracing that the LightSwitch diagnostics can’t do.  Download Fiddler and start the program on your client machine.  Then try to load your LightSwitch application again. 

Please check this blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lightswitch/archive/2011/09/20/diagnosing-problems-in-a-deployed-lightswitch-application-eric-erhardt.aspx

And pay attention to the "Load operation failed for query 'GetAuthenticationInfo'. The remote server returned an error: NotFound" section.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Kilonzo Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:19 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Kilonzo,

In fact, we have a tool named .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool that can verify if the .NET Framework installed in this machine is ok.

.ET Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

If the verification tool finds any issues, there is a .NET Framework Repair Tool that can be found from the blog above.

Also, there isn’t just one issue that causes this error.  There are seemingly endless issues that cause this error.  The reason is explained above.  ‘GetAuthenticationInfo’ is the very first service request that LightSwitch is trying to make when your app loads.  Thus, if there is any configuration issue with your IIS machine, web app, virtual directory, etc. this error is going to be displayed.  Unfortunately, using the diagnostics tracing outlined above isn’t going to help in this situation.  More than likely, the service call isn’t even getting into LightSwitch code.  As such, our diagnostics isn’t able to log information, since it isn’t getting that far.

So in order to diagnose the problem here, we will use another tool, Fiddler.  Fiddler is a tool that every web developer and IT administrator should have at their disposal.  It logs all web traffic between your computer and the IIS web server.  It will do the tracing that the LightSwitch diagnostics can’t do.  Download Fiddler and start the program on your client machine.  Then try to load your LightSwitch application again. 

Please check this blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lightswitch/archive/2011/09/20/diagnosing-problems-in-a-deployed-lightswitch-application-eric-erhardt.aspx

And pay attention to the "Load operation failed for query 'GetAuthenticationInfo'. The remote server returned an error: NotFound" section.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Kilonzo Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:19 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:00 AM
  • Ok let me try this first.

private

Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:19 AM