Build Error: MakePri exited with code -1073741795

Question

• I am trying to build a universal app (currently only for Windows though) and I get the following error:

Fehler 1 "MakePri.exe" wurde mit dem Code -1073741795 beendet.

Translation "MakePri.exe" exited with the Code -1073741795.

The app did build without any Problems and even after reverting all current changes it does not build anymore. I did find some Posts relating to language resources, but that should not be my case, since right now I do not have any language-specific resources.

Can anyone Point me in the right direction? It would already be helpful to have some more Output in order to be able look what really went wrong.

Sunday, January 04, 2015 5:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi DenOli,

Have you tried to reboot your dev machine and use Visual Studio build the app again? Hardly to tell what's happened on your machine, but you could try to build another app to see if the problem is on app itself or on the environment.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 05, 2015 6:50 AM
  • Hi Jamles,

I already tried that and it did not help. I just tried to create a new universal app and got the same error. Where ould I find mor Information about the source of my Problem?

Denis

Saturday, January 10, 2015 4:00 PM
  • Hi DenOli,

Sorry for the late response, did you have your issue fixed?

MakePri.exe error normally is a environment issue, I can only provide some really general guideline, however recently I have a similar question resolved by question raiser: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/25cef869-665a-444b-8ced-4d1c817ae5e6/makepriexe-came-to-the-end-with-a-code-1073740791?forum=wpdevelop

I paste the link here to see if his steps can help you.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:46 AM
  • Since I could not wait any longer, I "refreshed my machine" (a.k.a. reinstalled everything) and the problem went away.

Monday, January 26, 2015 11:14 AM