none
EDI Trade Partner Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with a trade partner configuration to route messages based on the party. I have the following:

Trade partner 1 = "Health Hospital" with transactions supported including Professional Claims and Institutional Claims. The party is set up to have both transactions in the GS and ST definitions. I have the GS08 segments to match the transaction. I then assigned the send port to that trade partner that I created. Therefore send port 1 is assigned to Health Hospital.

Problem is that if I do not set up a default on the GS and ST segment definition, I get the following error "no matching group could be found" However, if I set up a default, then regardless if I pass a professional claim or institutional claim, BizTalk will put the default value for the selected transaction on the GS08 for professional and institutional.

That if of course a problem becuase I do not want the send port to pass the default value of the transaction that came in. I would like to pass top the send port th corresponding transaction. What am I missing? Any help is greatly appreicated.

Friday, November 5, 2010 3:00 PM

Answers

• Carlos,

I faced similar issue when sending edi to the Tarding Partners. I had a trading partner to whom we send 837 P,837 I and 835 ERA.

I had set up all the 3 transactions in the GS and ST Segment Definition with 837P as the default.

When we send the 835 ERA the file is getting generated with 04010 as GS08 instead of 004010X091A1.

To over come this we used Edi override properties to set the GS08.

In the orchestartion before sending the message to send port set the ISA and GS properties as below.

sendMsg(EdiOverride.OverrideEDIHeader) = true;

sendMsg(EDI.DestinationPartySenderQualifier) = "ISA07";

sendMsg(EDI.DestinationPartySenderIdentifier) = "ISA08";

sendMsg(EDI.DestinationPartyReceiverQualifier) = "ISA05";

sendMsg(EDI.DestinationPartyReceiverIdentifier) = "ISA06";

sendMsg(EdiOverride.GS08) = "004010X091A1"; 

If you are not using orchestartion to create edi files,  you can create a custom pipeline component to set the GS08 explicitly as below.

inmsg.Context.Promote(

"GS08", http://schemas.microsoft.com/Edi/PropertySchema, "004010X091A1");

The Custom pipelinecomponent must be placed before EDI Assembler component

Hope this solves your issue.

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com
    • Marked as answer by Carlos T. _ Friday, November 5, 2010 5:34 PM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 4:47 PM

All replies

• Carlos,

I faced similar issue when sending edi to the Tarding Partners. I had a trading partner to whom we send 837 P,837 I and 835 ERA.

I had set up all the 3 transactions in the GS and ST Segment Definition with 837P as the default.

When we send the 835 ERA the file is getting generated with 04010 as GS08 instead of 004010X091A1.

To over come this we used Edi override properties to set the GS08.

In the orchestartion before sending the message to send port set the ISA and GS properties as below.

sendMsg(EdiOverride.OverrideEDIHeader) = true;

sendMsg(EDI.DestinationPartySenderQualifier) = "ISA07";

sendMsg(EDI.DestinationPartySenderIdentifier) = "ISA08";

sendMsg(EDI.DestinationPartyReceiverQualifier) = "ISA05";

sendMsg(EDI.DestinationPartyReceiverIdentifier) = "ISA06";

sendMsg(EdiOverride.GS08) = "004010X091A1"; 

If you are not using orchestartion to create edi files,  you can create a custom pipeline component to set the GS08 explicitly as below.

inmsg.Context.Promote(

"GS08", http://schemas.microsoft.com/Edi/PropertySchema, "004010X091A1");

The Custom pipelinecomponent must be placed before EDI Assembler component

Hope this solves your issue.

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com
    • Marked as answer by Carlos T. _ Friday, November 5, 2010 5:34 PM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 4:47 PM
  • I think that should do it. Thank you. :-)
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Friday, November 5, 2010 5:34 PM