How to show or hide a css division by clicking an element in the app ui using WinJS?

Question

• I'm currently developing a new app related to some rss news flow. I'm just 17 and really struggling to be the next Mark Suckerberg or Bill gates in my dreams. So much passionate about developing outstanding apps but don't even know the fundamental ideas of programming. But can develop for any platforms by using some books. Now i'm stuck with this new platform. WinJS is slighlty different from normal javascript and i need to know something about that.

What I have currently 

I've created a windows store app layout which has two hidden parts( CSS Divisions ). I  have placed an image in my top bar. It's a three horizontal line graphic. I have a division on the left side of my layout.

What I need to do

I need you people to give me a small help to make something working related to that objects. I need to get my css division which is placed at the left side of my layout hidden normally and need that to slide in when user click that ui element which I've shown there in my screenshot. 

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 5:03 PM

Answers

• If you can share a zip file of your demo project via SkyDrive or any other online file sharing mechanisms, it will help understand your problem correctly and provide you recommendations.

Here's  how you can share files using SkyDrive: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/share-file-folder

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:46 AM
  • When you say a "CSS division" I am assuming its an "HTML div". I am basing my reply on this assumption. You may let me know if it isn't the case.
    You can use jQuery javascript library with your Windows App, side by side with WinJS. In order to show or hide a div, this is what you can do:
    Lets say you have div with id "to-hide" and another div with it with id "hide-other" and other div that you want to hide with id "to-show". Using jQuery we can write in javascript:
    $('#hide-other').click(function(){ $('#to-hide').slideUp(function(){  $('#div-to-show').slideDown(); });});

Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:20 AM

All replies

• If you can share a zip file of your demo project via SkyDrive or any other online file sharing mechanisms, it will help understand your problem correctly and provide you recommendations.

Here's  how you can share files using SkyDrive: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/share-file-folder

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:46 AM
  • When you say a "CSS division" I am assuming its an "HTML div". I am basing my reply on this assumption. You may let me know if it isn't the case.
    You can use jQuery javascript library with your Windows App, side by side with WinJS. In order to show or hide a div, this is what you can do:
    Lets say you have div with id "to-hide" and another div with it with id "hide-other" and other div that you want to hide with id "to-show". Using jQuery we can write in javascript:
    $('#hide-other').click(function(){ $('#to-hide').slideUp(function(){  $('#div-to-show').slideDown(); });});

Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:20 AM