none
Ed Price Proposed Answer

Question

• Ed,

If I propose on several different threads an answer. How would I keep track of the ones that I proposed and then go back and mark them as answered. I've did some proposed, but now I want to go back and mark them as answered, but I don't see how to do that other than search through all of the unanswered entries.

JR

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:11 PM

Answers

• I do the following:

1] At any time I see what I think is a valid answer I propose it.

2] Once every so often (couple times a month maybe) I:

a) Check all proposed threads that haven't been active for a week - and mark anything I think is an answer (proposed by me, someone else or no-one).

b) Check all unaswered threads, propose an answer if one fits or maybe ask for more details if no suitable reply.

I do it in this order to no have to check the proposed I just made.  Hope this helps - just common sense really.

• Marked as answer by jricestk Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:13 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:49 PM

All replies

• I use the Filter option at the top - proposed and unanswered

PS I just marked a few 1/2 hour ago

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:19 PM
  • LitDev,

I don't see anything at the top that resembles proposed and unanswered. How do I get to that?

JR

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:24 PM
  • Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:36 PM
  • LitDev,

Thanks. So, I would still have to go through each entry to see who proposed that item as possible answer? There isn't a way to go only to the items that I proposed as answers and mark them as answer without going through all of the proposed entries? I do see that there isn't that many of proposed and unanswered so at least it's not intolerable unless there is a better way.

JR

• Edited by jricestk Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:19 AM edit
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:36 PM
  • I do the following:

1] At any time I see what I think is a valid answer I propose it.

2] Once every so often (couple times a month maybe) I:

a) Check all proposed threads that haven't been active for a week - and mark anything I think is an answer (proposed by me, someone else or no-one).

b) Check all unaswered threads, propose an answer if one fits or maybe ask for more details if no suitable reply.

I do it in this order to no have to check the proposed I just made.  Hope this helps - just common sense really.

• Marked as answer by jricestk Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:13 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:49 PM