none
Visual Studio Table Adapter not using ODBC setting for quoted identifier RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm forced to use an ODBC connection to a MSSQL db in my dev env as the prod env DB is 3rd party ODBC database that I have no access to for dev.

I need to have Visual studio use ANSI quoted identifier but no matter that I configure ODBC to use ANSI QI, VS still uses square brackets. How do I force VS2008 to honor System DSN connection settings?

Any help is much appriciated as it is a boomer to have to change  DataSet.Designer.cs every time I need to make any change.

Could not find a more relevant thread. Please direct me to one if there is :-)

Thanks in advance /LM

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:19 AM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have moved this thread to ADO.NET Managed Providers forum for better response.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:19 AM
  • Does your connection string specify the DSN you have created? I am assuming that it is not DSN-less but perhaps it was configured that way by accident.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:43 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks. Yes, connectionSting says Dsn= and VS server explorer connection is ODBC.server\instance.database but VS still genereates drag/dropped tableadapter queries with square brackets.

/LM

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:18 AM